Wednesday 1 January 2014

My top three from 2013

Happy New Year 2014 !

Having shown you the top five most viewed posts from 2013, I hope you don't mind indulging me, while I share my three favourite posts from 2013.

Number 3


This post was just so much fun for me to write. It started with a lot of time planning which flowers to make, making them and then taking the photographs. I also really love this Japanese style blossom that I made. I don't think I have got round to actually using it on a cake yet, so I need to remedy that!



Number 2


I was really torn as to which of these two cakes was number 1 and number 2 and in many ways I think they are equal top. This cake occupies a special place for me as it is the first tiered wedding cake I made. I felt so honoured that Kerrie trusted me enough to make this cake for her, knowing it was my first and am so grateful to her for giving me the opportunity. So much of this cake had to be done at the last minute and I knew there were no second chances, I have to confess there were a few sleepless nights.




Number 1

I love cupcakes, they are my favourite thing to make and decorate, this might surprise you as they do not appear that often on my blog. I often find that I don't have time to photograph them before delivery as I usually make them the night before they required. This cupcake tower was one of those magical moments for me, when everything came together perfectly. A beautiful day, a lovely marquee, fresh flowers that complimented the cakes perfectly and photographs that turned out OK too. This was a seven tier cupcake tower with over 100 freshly made cupcakes and about 300 sugar flowers each hand dusted with petal dust. I loved doing this cupcake tower and can't wait to make another one day.



That's all for today
Thanks for popping by and please call again soon

Keep up with my latest creations and inspirations in all these places

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment