Sunday 10 February 2013

Wedding Cupcakes Preview

So. there are some really rather lovely friends of ours, who have been together for 28 years and after all this time, he has finally plucked up the courage to ask her to marry him and after a week of thinking about it (loving her style), she agreed. Well, as a result of this, they wondered, if maybe, I could make them a cake, or as it turns out maybe 100 cupcakes or so.

So, over a few evenings last week, helped by my four year old son, as it happens, I had a lot of fun experimenting with different designs and sizes of cupcake, to help them decide what they would like. And today, I am going to show you some of those experiments. A bit of a show and tell.

I made about 18 different cupcakes, these are my favourites

I started off with a simple fairy cake sized quilted fondant design decorated with sugar pearls and a sugar rose dusted with silver lustre 


A lacy fondant topped fairy cake decorated with a silver butterfly and silver sugar pearls



A fondant lacey dome fairy cake decorated with a silver lustred sugar petunia. (I didn't have quite enough time to let my flowers dry before using them, so this one has drooped slightly)


Whilst I love the look of the fondant topped cupcakes, I have found that most people prefer buttercream, so I moved on to some buttercream designs starting with a simple pale pink piped rose design decorated with a sugar petunia on a muffin size cupcake. This rose swirl is piped with a Wilton 1M nozzle


A variation on the piped rose swirl, this time in fuchsia pink, on a fairy cake sized cupcake and piped with a Wilton 1F, sprinkled with a little edible glitter.



Possibly my favourite, a hydrangea topped muffin sized cupcake


A close up of the sugar hydrangeas


A couple of showstoppers to finish. Double decker cupcakes decorated with a lovebird and ribbon



And finally the same in fuchsia pink


I'd love to know which ones you like best?

Thanks for popping by and please call again soon

Sharing is Caring
Keep up with my latest creations and inspirations in all these places

Follow Me on Pinterest


  




No comments:

Post a Comment