Friday 21 June 2013

Alice in Wonderland Giant Cupcake - Lila's cake

In the midst of wedding cake madness earlier this year, Lila's Mum phoned me and asked if I could make a cake for Lila's Mad Hatter's Birthday Tea Party. I couldn't think what to make for a while, then as I was reading (an abridged version of the story for tots) to my son, before bedtime one night, an idea started to form in my head, as I remembered the giant cupcake pan I had bought from one of those homewares clearance shops a little while ago, but, not had an excuse to use yet.

Lila's Mum liked the idea and asked me to also include red and white roses in the decoration, like painting the roses red in the story. She also asked for  an Alice figure on top of the cake.

 

This is only the second person I have modelled out of Sugar. I think she came out OK and like most things, each time I make one, I learn a little more and they get a little better.


Underneath, this giant cupcake is a vanilla sponge with raspberry jam and buttercream. The top swirly part of the cake is on a thin board to make serving the cake easier. The cake looks quite different without Alice on the top

Here she is on the finished cake




That's all for today
Thanks for popping by and please call again soon

Keep up with my latest creations and inspirations in all these places

Follow Me on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment